Do all of your characters sound and act just like you? Or like robots? Neither would be a good sign for your screenplay. That’s why today’s post is about characters. If you’re having trouble with creating your characters, I’ve found a great article that will help you with 5 tips on how to write them better. I’m a strong believer in good characters. No matter what the story is, if you don’t have good characters, people won’t invest their time.
The five tips are:
- Make your character likable early on
- Build realistic and detailed characterization
- Let your character make the decisions for you
- Give your character compelling dialogue
- Think like an actor and give your character a point of view
This is a great article that has lots of good information. I hope you can enjoy and learn from it.