We have heard your cries and we are thrilled to once again offer a free fellowship to theOffice. Think of it as your very own writer’s retreat right here in the city! Here’s how it works:
Winner receives 6 months of free 24/7* access to theOffice in LA. This is equivalent to a Premium Membership, the highest level of membership we offer, worth upwards of $2500. Winner gets his/her own door code to the space with the ability to come and go even when staff isn’t here (like 4AM on a Wednesday!).
Fellowship starts April 1st and goes through September 30th 2013. Winner will be announced the last week of March. Contest is open to all new/aspiring/struggling writers who are looking to kick their productivity into overdrive.
Here’s what we need:
- An email with your contact information: Full name, phone, and email address. We will contact the winner via email.
- In the body of the email, please explain why you need this fellowship and what you hope to gain from it. (200 words or less, please)
- A 10 page .pdf writing sample of your work. Attach this to the email. Your best 10 pages. Do not submit pages that need to be set up or explained. Send 10 pages that stand alone.
- Email to: theOfficeFellowship(at)gmail(dot)com by March 15, 2013.
What to remember:
- This year, we have opened the field to ALL writers. Submit 10 pages of your screenplay, play, short story, novel, memoir, poem, etc. We’ll read it all.
- This is only open to new writers. This means you can have no feature film credits as a writer on IMDb (short films are okay) and no more than 1 hour of television credit as a writer on IMDb. For fiction writers, we just want to make sure you’re not someone with a 3-book deal and money to spare. Key words here are new/aspiring/struggling.
- DEADLINE to enter is March 15th, 2013. No submissions accepted past midnight PST.
- You must have sole writing credit for the sample pages you submit. This fellowship is for one (1) free membership and is non-transferrable.
- If you have any questions, please comment here or email the fellowship gmail address listed above. theOffice staff will NOT be able to assist you so please DO NOT call, email, or drop by theOffice with questions.
- If you’ve never been to theOffice and would like to try it out before submitting, please do! You’re welcome to do the free WEEK PASS. Just be sure to call first for availability. Contact info here. Again, staff will not handle contest queries.
- .pdf submissions only. All other attachments will be deleted.
- Winner will be notified by March 31st. You will only be notified if you are the winner.
- Lastly, do your research on theOffice. Don’t submit if you’re not local, if you’re not sure you’ll be available, if you don’t like writing in a room with others. We want this to be of major value to the winner. Serious submissions only, please.
This fellowship is an opportunity to take your craft and your career to the next level. If you are looking for a place to be inspired, a place to write with the big guns, a place to GET IT DONE, submit now. We look forward to reading your work!
*theOffice is closed to ALL members Mondays 6:30PM-11PM, Saturdays 8AM-10AM, Sundays 8AM-10:30AM due to outside rentals. Otherwise, the space is yours.
3 thoughts on “CALL FOR ENTRIES: theOffice Fellowship (2013 edition)”