We are looking for an ASSISTANT MANAGER to work 23 hours a week here at our Santa Monica location. The Assistant Manager works the front desk and manages the room on their own.
We are a communal, membership-based workspace for writers and solo creatives. We’ve been serving the westside writing community of Los Angeles since 2004 (before “co-working” was a thing). This job is an opportunity to be a part of a vibrant community of writers/creatives in a uniquely quiet, tranquil work environment. Duties include:
- checking customers in/out
- processing new memberships
- answering phone and email queries and converting potentials into members
- cleaning and upkeeping the entire space
- ordering supplies, dealing with our vendors and handling customer service issues
- assisting the manager with marketing including writing content for the blog and social media
The Assistant Manager is in charge of the space and really sets the vibe in the room. The following qualities are key:
- Personable, relaxed, friendly and able to handle whatever comes with poise
- A keen eye for detail; able to anticipate customer’s needs and is mindful of what’s going on in the room at all times, ex: knows when the coffee needs to be restocked or the bathroom needs cleaning
- A self-starter and problem solver who can get things done on their own
- An excellent communicator with customers and staff; not afraid to ask questions
- An understanding of the needs of the writer/creative and an ability to maintain a distraction-free but relaxed work environment – this is the heart of our business and is what has kept us going for over 18 years.
If you’re a writer yourself, great! If you’ve got your finger on the pulse of the LA writing community (screenwriting, literary, etc), fantastic! You’ll have your own 24/7 access to the space to work on your own projects as well.
Part-time position; 3- 4 days a week. Pay is $16 an hour to start, $18 after 6 months. You’ll also receive a quarterly bonus based on new memberships sold.
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a resume and brief cover letter sharing a bit about yourself and how you see this job fitting into your life. Please direct all queries to this email and don’t bother staff about this position. You’re welcome to try out the space for a free day if you’d like to get a sense of things. Thanks in advance for your interest.