Game on, people. Here’s how it works.
Enter now to win 6 months of free 24/7* access to theOffice here in LA. Winner becomes a Premium Member to theOffice (the highest level of membership) with his/her own door code to come and go even when staff isn’t here. (like 4AM on a Wednesday!)
Fellowship starts April 1st and goes through September 30th. Winner will be announced the last week of March. Contest is open to all new/aspiring/struggling screenwriters who are looking to kick their productivity into overdrive.
Think of it as a free writer’s retreat right here in the city!
Here’s what we need:
- An email with your contact information: Full name, phone, and email address. We will contact the winner via email.
- In the body of the email, please explain why you need this fellowship and what you hope to gain from it. (200 words or less, please)
- A 10 page .pdf writing sample of your work. Attach this to the email. Your best 10 pages. Do not submit pages that need to be set up or explained. Send 10 pages that stand alone.
- Email to: email@example.com by March 15, 2011.
What to remember:
- This is only open to TV and movie writers. We are not accepting novel or short story submissions. (We’ll save that for perhaps another fellowship down the road?!)
- This is only open to new writers. This means you can have no feature film credits as a writer on IMDb (short films are okay) and no more than 1 hour of television credit as a writer on IMDb.
- DEADLINE to enter is March 15th, 2011. No submissions accepted past midnight.
- You must have sole writing credit for the sample pages you submit. This fellowship is for one (1) free membership and is non-transferrable.
- DO NOT call, email, or drop by theOffice regarding this contest. If you have any questions, please comment here or email the fellowship gmail address listed above. This blog is managed separately. theOffice staff will NOT be able to assist you.
- If you’ve never been to theOffice and would like to try it out before submitting, you’re welcome to do the free WEEK PASS. Just be sure to call first for availability. Contact info here. Again, staff will not handle contest queries.
- .pdf submissions only. All other attachments will be deleted.
- Winner will be notified by March 31st. You will only be notified if you are the winner.
This fellowship is an opportunity to take your craft and your career to the next level. If you are looking for a place to be inspired, a place to write with the big guys and gals, a place to get it done, submit now. We look forward to reading your work!
*theOffice is closed to ALL members Mondays 6:30PM-11PM and Saturdays 8AM-10AM due to outside rentals. Otherwise, the space is yours.